StanzasWrittenontheRoadbetweenFlorenceandPisa——GeorgeGo...
Stanzas Written on the Road between Florence and Pisa——George Gordon Byron
写于佛罗伦萨至比萨途中的诗节
陈绍鹏 译
Oh, talk not to me of a name great in story;
噢,别跟我谈论历史里的伟大人物;
The days of our youth are the days of our glory;
我们的青春时光是我们最为光荣的时期;
And the myrtle and ivy of sweet two-and-twenty
甜蜜的二十二岁里, 桃金娘与常春藤
Are worth all your laurels, though ever so plenty.
与你所有桂冠的价值无异,无论桂冠多么丰盈。
What are garlands and crowns to the brow that is wrinkled?
花与王冠怎能与轻皱的娥眉相比?
'Tis but as a dead flower with May-dew besprinkled:
那不过是为枯死的花朵洒上五月的露滴:
Then away with all such from the head that is hoary!
就把这一切从灰白的头上拿开!
What care I for the wreaths that can only give glory?
对于只给予人荣誉的花环,我为何要在意?
O Fame!—if I e'er took delight in thy praises,
噢 名誉!——如果我对你的赞美感到欣喜,
'Twas less for the sake of thy high-sounding phrases,
那仅仅是因为你那冠冕堂皇的词句,
Than to see the bright eyes of the dear one discover
我更想看见心爱的人露出明亮的眼睛
She thought that I was not unworthy to love her.
让她明白我对她的爱并非毫无意义。
There chiefly I sought thee, there only I found thee;
所以最重要的是追寻你,找到你;
Her glance was the best of the rays that surround thee;
她的目光是环绕着你的最美光明;
When it sparkled o'er aught that was bright in my story,
当她在我的描述中闪烁明亮的眼睛时,
I knew it was love, and I felt it was glory.
我知道那就是爱情,我认为那才是荣誉。
如果认为本文对您有所帮助请赞助本站